Last Updated on July 9, 2020 by Early retired mom
Tight on money? Want to make money?
You are not alone.
Wouldn’t it be great to know how to make 200 dollars a day? Of course, it is all legit and easy so you can even start today.
After all, money and cash flow is an issue to almost all of us due to Covid-19 outbreak. More people are getting fired or seeing their paychecks cut off by 20%, 30% or more.
In this post I will provide you a list that will help you make 200 dollars fast without any technical knowledge or skills.
Many people ask themselves how they can make money fast to reduce the debt created due to the pandemic.
My aim here is to list those items that can pay you immediately or within a short time frame (1-2 weeks to get started).
Starting a blog is not one of the advices I provide here, as it takes some time to see profit from it.
Even though, blogging is a great idea that can provide you additional income in the long term.
The idea of those tips is that most of those side hustle ideas can be done even during lockdown or during social distancing requirement.
So if you are sitting at home currently, looking for a way to pay the bills and earn more money to survive this period or just make money, this list is for you.
1. Sell Stuff You Don’t Need
Maybe you don’t know, but this is one of the fastest and easiest ways to make 200 dollars a day.
You can either do a garage sale or go online and use any of these websites to sell old stuff.
Or you can collect every month, the stuff you do not need into a box and then schedule time to sell them online:
- eBay– a good place to sell just about anything: video games, coins, CDs, DVDd, collectibles and more. The great thing about eBay is that once your products is online, you have exposure to millions of potential buyers.
- Amazon – Just like eBay, you can see any item. I recently checked a few books that I do not need on Amazon and one of them was worth $50. Not bad!
- Facebook Marketplace – use it to sell large items, like bikes, furniture, kids toys etc. All you need to do is to post a photo of your item and meet up with your buyer to collect the cash.
- Decluttr – Sell CDs, DVDs, collectibles, video game consoles, etc. Simply select the make, model and condition of your cell phone or tech device, and they’ll give you an instant price.
- Gazelle – You can sell your used cell phones and electronics easily fast on Gazelle. They pay consumers cash for gadgets they no longer use, even if damaged.
- Poshmark – Have items just hanging in your closet? Sell what you have in your closet on Poshmark in less than 60 seconds.
- Letgo – Buy and sell used stuff on the Letgo marketplace: everything from electronics, cars and collectibles to housing, clothing and furniture.
- Etsy – If you’re interested in selling your handmade arts and crafts or vintage collectibles, Etsy is where it’s at.
- Ruby lane – sell your vintage items
2. How to Make 200 Dollars a Day With Transcribing
When you think about how to make 200 dollars fast, or in one day, transcribing is one of the easiest jobs and doesn’t require any additional skills.
It is also something you can do from anywhere in the world as long as you have good hearing and in most of the cases, fluent in English. Although, some of those site do offer transcribing opportunities for foreign languages.
There are a few companies offering transcription services and looking for people to join and work for them. The good thing is that you can work from anywhere at the time that suits you.
Average hourly rate: $5 – $66 an hour
- Transcribe me – A Transcription site open to beginners with no experience. The work is available worldwide if you are a good English speaker. They pay about $20 per audio hour and pay via Paypal.
- Casting Words – They pay anywhere between 8.5 cents and a bit over one dollar per audio minute. Depending on the type of job you do. They have different categories of jobs, including grading, editing, and transcription. Within each category, jobs at different skill levels have different pay rates.
- Daily transcription – starting rates at $0.75 -$0.85 per audio minute
- Rev – They pay between $0.30-$1.10 per audio minute. They also offer the opportunity to create captions for videos – pay rage between $0.54-$1.10
- Scribie – pay anywhere between $5 to $25 per audio hour.
3. Make money with a delivery service
Here is another great alternative for how to make 200 dollars in one day.
If you have a car, bike or a scooter and some free time? A great way to make money on the side is to deliver items or food for people.
The good thing is that now you have delivery app jobs that let you choose which hours you deliver and work as often as you want.
You can even choose which deliveries you take and reject ones that don’t fit your schedule.
Average hourly rate: $10 – $25 an hour
- Door Dash – Available in over 4,000 cities in the U.S., Canada, and Australia. All you need is a mode of transportation and a smartphone to start making money. The base pay is around $3 per delivery and you get to save the tips.
- Postmates – Postmates earn base pay, around $4-$6 per delivery. Most of the drivers working with Postmates for a longer period of time emphasize that the larger percentage of their pay comes from tips.
- Shipt – The average Shipt delivery job pays around $15 per hour with tips
- Uber Eats – According to Glassdoor, the average delivery driver makes $12.25 hourly on average. The average fare per delivery for UberEATS drivers is different depending on the city you are in. For example: Connecticut $14.01, New Jersey $13.61, New York City, New York $16.20, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania $13.45 and Toronto, Ontario $14.82.
- Favor Delivery – a delivery service that provides a $9 per hour base pay, but deducts your tips from that, so it’s unlikely you’ll earn much more. Expected pay: $9 to $12 per hour.
- Caviar – Caviar gives you the option to receive payouts through Cash App. The amount earned from each order delivered for Caviar will be instantly deposited into Cash App. Using the app, you can keep track of your Caviar payouts. Pay is $25 an hour which is pretty good. It is available throughout different cities in the US.
- Deliv – Earn up to $22/HR delivering packages – no passengers or hot food!
4. Pet care taker
Pet sitting doesn’t have to be your full-time job, it could be something you do to make extra cash.
People fond of animals find it quite fulfilling to work as a pet sitter.
Average hourly rate: $10 – $25 an hour
- PetBacker – Available in 50 countries. Average pay: $10-$15 per hour. They also provide training and certification.
- On Rover, you can set your own rates for either dog walking or pet-sitting and more services. It is available in multiple countries. Average pay: $15-$25 per hour.
- Wag! – on average, a walker makes around $17.50 per walk. Available in multiple US cities.
Love kids? You can make money babysitting them.
Babysitting can help you make 200 dollars a day especially if can babysit more than one kid.
Every one of these babysitting apps below can be used to find babysitting jobs near you.
Average hourly rate: $10 – $31 an hour
- Care.com (Available Worldwide) – Care.com is not only one of the biggest babysitting websites around, but they also offer services like senior care, pet care, tutoring, housekeeping, and more. You can make anywhere between $15-$23.50 per hour.
- Bambino – a very popular babysitting app in the US. It helps you find local babysitting opportunities in your neighborhood, rather than all over your city. Pay between $7-$31 per hour.
- UrbanSitter – Just like some other babysitting apps, UrbanSitter basically functions as a job board. They allow you to set your own hourly rate and let you keep 100% of the money you make with not added fees.
As you can see there are multiple ways you can choose from to make 200 dollars a day. You just need the side hustle opportunity that fits you and you can make money today.